Job Title: Activities Manager
Job Location: Lexington, KY
Job Status: Full Time
Reports To: Executive Director
Provision Living, LLC, is a growing premier regional operator in senior housing properties, specifically focusing on assisted living and assisted-living-based dementia services. The company is based in St. Louis MO with operations in ten (10) states, representing more than 1,600 units and nearly 1,200 associates.
For us, it’s ALL ABOUT YOU Living Your Passion! From our residents, to our associates, to the greater communities we serve, Provision Living’s aim is to maximize the potential of every life we touch and we do so by living into our vision of creating a Radiant organization where our residents and our employees are loved, inspired and able to thrive. If you share this vision, and have a compassion for and a desire to work with seniors, we are seeking an Activities Manager to support our licensed community that will provide health care services to residents of a BRAND NEW Assisted Living and Memory Care Community in Lexington, KY scheduled to open Summer 2017.
As the Activities Manager, reporting directly to the Executive Director, you will ensure the provision of quality nursing care in accordance with Federal, State and Local regulations while supporting your team by planning, organizing and directing a program of activities. Activities include physical, emotional, educational, spiritual, and leisure stimulation for resident’s participation. Also provide orientation and support to new residents during move-in process.
Essential Duties include the following:
- Plan, direct and implement a monthly program of activities for residents, including parties for various occasions and holidays
- Initiate and direct activity programming, both within and outside the building, in accordance with the structure outlined in the activities policy, on a daily basis, including weekends and evenings
- Conduct or make arrangements for the implementation of programs in their absence by qualified staff or volunteers
- Prepare a monthly calendar in an attractive and large-print format for easy reading, to be posted in a prominent location in the community
- Transport residents to and from activity programs and prepare the area and equipment as needed
- Schedule and arrange resident medical and activity transportation
- Perform apartment inspections for new move-ins, compile move-in packets and assist residents and family members during move-ins
- Orientate new resident with handbook to their new surroundings
- Send greeting cards appropriate for given occasion
- Promote resident participation by one-to-one invitation and encouragement during programs and enhance communication among residents through group activities and recreation
- Support resident participation in religious activities and events
- Encourage hobbies/crafts and make available materials, supplies, decorations, etc., as needed
- Assess each residents’ needs upon admission, and prepare and incorporate the activities goals into the residents’ plan of care
- Assist in development of individual plan of care including the resident’s interest and skills, personal care requirements and activities goals
- Integrate the resident’s activity goals with other elements of the overall resident care plan and attend care planning conference
- Recruit and train volunteers and as needed
- Supervise or provide for adequate supervision of all residents during activities
- Participate writing monthly calendars and/or newsletters as requested
- Other duties as assigned.
- Supervises Activity Assistant.
- Three (3) years of experience in a senior care community with proven leadership and organizational skills, state required license/certification for operating an Assisted Living/Memory Care center is desired.
- Great communication and interpersonal skills are required along with the heart and passion to work with older adults while providing the best care possible.
- Proven experience in staffing, leading, developing and retaining a strong team.
- Must have the ability to remain calm in stressful situations, to be flexible, to work well with many interruptions and have skill in multi-tasking.
- Respect for the principles of resident rights and confidentiality.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree and 2-5 years of past experience, preferred OR 4-6 years past experience
We offer a competitive salary and benefit package.