Job Title: Maintenance Manager
Job Location: Lexington, KY
Job Status: Full Time
Reports To: Executive Director
Provision Living Senior Living Communities is currently seeking a Maintenance Manager for our brand new Assisted Living and Memory Care Community in Lexington, KY scheduled to open Summer 2017.
Provision Living, LLC, is a growing premier regional operator in senior housing properties, specifically focusing on assisted living and assisted-living-based dementia services. The company is based in St. Louis MO with operations in ten (10) states, representing more than 2,000 units and nearly 1,200 associates.
For us, it’s ALL ABOUT Living Your Passion! From our residents, to our associates, to the greater communities we serve, Provision Living’s aim is to maximize the potential of every life we touch and we do so by living into our vision of creating a radiant organization where our residents and our employees are loved, inspired and able to thrive.
As the Maintenance Manager, reporting directly to the Executive Director, you will ensure the provision of quality maintenance care in accordance with Federal, State and Local regulations while leading your team in maintaining the building, interior of building and grounds safely, and in exceptional appearance and working condition.
Essential Duties include the following:
- Implement and document preventative maintenance program for facility and equipment, as assigned.
- Supervise housekeeping personnel, as required by Community needs.
- Maintain grounds including outside building repair and lawn maintenance in cooperation with the landscaping contractor and garbage removal services.
- Maintain all areas inside the building, including offices, to include, but not be limited to: cleaning and shampooing of carpets and furniture, window cleaning, and the maintenance and replacement of vinyl floors.
- Maintain and oversee repair of facility equipment in order to ensure proper function.
- Train staff in use of facility equipment and emergency procedures as required.
- Prepare and refurbish apartments for resident move-ins; including painting, carpet laying, replacement of vinyl floors and installation of ceiling fans.
- Maintain fire safety and emergency records and procedures in compliance with regulations and environmental concerns (natural disasters, fires, loss of electricity, plumbing issues, pipe breakages, etc.) as well as distribute material safety data sheets (MSDS).
- Inspect resident apartments for potential problems and hazards.
- Schedule and/or perform preventative maintenance and keep quality assurance records up-to-date for physical plant.
- Perform janitorial tasks including the reparation and maintenance of equipment and building facilities.
- Transport residents in company vehicles as scheduled.
- Respond to emergencies outside of normal working schedule as necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Three (3) years of maintenance experience in a senior care community with proven leadership and organizational skills.
- Collaborative team player able to establish effective working relationships with team members.
- Previous staff management and/or coaching and mentoring of maintenance team experience.
- Demonstrated experience in promoting a high level of customer service and hospitality towards and among all residents, associates, and visitors.
- Possess sound organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and with a strong attention to detail.
- Self-motivated to accomplish goals with a strong sense of accountability for results.
- Demonstrated communication excellence, verbally and in writing; comfortable presenting to large groups.
- Described as dependable with a strong work ethic.
- Possess an appreciation of seniors and an understanding of the aging process.
- Ability to work with basic mathematical concepts such as addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Education and/or Experience:
- Associate’s Degree and 2-5 years of past experience OR accredited maintenance training and 4-6 years of past experience preferred.
We offer a competitive salary and benefit package.