Job Title: Dining Manager
Job Location: Lexington, KY
Job Status: Full Time
Reports To: Executive Director
Provision Living Senior Living Communities is currently seeking a Dining Manager for our brand new Assisted Living and Memory Care Community in Lexington, KY scheduled to open Summer 2017.
Provision Living, LLC, is a growing premier regional operator in senior housing properties, specifically focusing on assisted living and assisted-living-based dementia services. The company is based in St. Louis MO with operations in ten (10) states, representing more than 2,000 units and nearly 1,200 associates.
For us, it’s ALL ABOUT YOU Living Your Passion! From our residents, to our associates, to the greater communities we serve, Provision Living’s aim is to maximize the potential of every life we touch and we do so by living into our vision of creating a radiant organization where our residents and our employees are loved, inspired and able to thrive.
As the Dining Manager, reporting directly to the Executive Director, you will provide supervision and direction to the food service program, and plan and prepare appealing, nutritious, heart-healthy, tasteful, fresh food for residents and guests.
Essential Duties include the following:
- Schedule staff on an ongoing basis (schedule will be posted at least one week in advance)
- Plan and implement a menu cycle that will be well-received by the residents and features seasonal menu items
- Keep food and supply costs within budget
- Maintain good communication with all vendors
- Support all catering, room service, special party needs, marketing functions, etc.
- Responsible for maintaining, ordering and accounting for food inventories necessary to complete duties
- Instruct all employees on operation, maintenance and cleaning of all kitchen equipment
- Exhibit thorough knowledge of all food service positions and provide hands-on training to staff
- Create recipes that are easy to for dietary staff to follow
- Maintain appropriate food temperatures by ensuring proper cooling/heating procedures are followed and equipment is working properly
- Handle food in a safe and appropriate manner
- Provide cook coverage when unable to find necessary staff coverage (on-call duties)
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of all dining services shifts and be familiar with individual assignments and resident dining needs
- Recruit and hire new dining service staff
- Orientate new dining service staff or those needing extra assistance
- Maintain and promote healthy relationships between staff and families
- Assist Executive Director with monthly staff in-service meetings as requested
- Serve on committees as appointed.
- Assist with Sales/Marketing procedures to develop and enhance satisfaction levels, as well as participate in resident sales, tours and community needs when required
- Serve as Manager-on-Duty on rotational basis with other management staff
- Other duties as assigned.
- Will supervise 10-15 employees in the day-to-day presentation of dining services developed specifically for seniors.
- Three (3) years of dining experience in a senior care community with proven leadership and organizational skills, state required food preparation license required.
- Collaborative team player able to establish effective working relationships with team members.
- Previous staff management and/or coaching and mentoring of dining services team experience.
- Demonstrated experience in promoting a high level of customer service and hospitality towards and among all residents, associates, and visitors
- Possess sound organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and with a strong attention to detail.
- Self-motivated to accomplish goals with a strong sense of accountability for results.
- Demonstrated communication excellence, verbally and in writing; comfortable presenting to large groups.
- Described as dependable with a strong work ethic.
- Possess an appreciation of seniors and an understanding of the aging process.
- Ability to work with basic mathematical concepts such as addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree and 2-5 years of past experience OR accredited culinary training and 4-6 years of past experience
- ServSafe® certification, required
- Applicable State licensure, required
- Must possess a general knowledge of laws and restrictions regarding Assisted Living care, as well as a solid understanding of opportunities and limits of other levels of care within senior living.
- Must exhibit and promote a high level of customer service, hospitality, curiosity and friendliness towards all prospects, residents, visitors, employees and the overall community.
We offer a competitive salary and benefit package.