Job Title: Housekeeper(s)
Job Location: Ann Arbor, MI
Job Status: Full Time
Reports To: Maintenance Manager
Provision Living, LLC, is a growing premier regional operator in senior housing properties, specifically focusing on assisted living and assisted-living-based dementia services. The company is based in St. Louis MO with operations in ten (10) states, representing more than 2,000 units and nearly 1,500 associates.
For us, it’s ALL ABOUT Living Your Passion! From our residents, to our associates, to the greater communities we serve, Provision Living’s aim is to maximize the potential of every life we touch and we do so by living into our vision of creating a radiant organization where our residents and our employees are loved, inspired and able to thrive. If you share this vision, and have a compassion for and a desire to work with seniors, we are seeking a Housekeeper to support our licensed community who provide health care services to residents of a 60 unit Assisted Living and 16 unit Memory Care Community in Ann Arbor, MI.
Shift available: Sunday - Thursday, Daytime
- Perform routine and periodic deep cleaning to all assigned areas, furnishings and fixtures according to cleaning schedule.
- Sweeps, mops, and vacuums all assigned areas including, but not limited to resident apartments, restrooms, utility rooms, common areas, nursing station, medication room (under nursing supervision) and dining room and kitchen areas as requested.
- Clean countertops in restrooms and kitchen areas of resident apartments.
- Defrost refrigerators in resident apartments on a regular basis.
- Dust all furniture, baseboards, window blinds and around entryway, as well as keep ceiling free of cobwebs.
- Removes bed linens (excluding bedspreads, quilts, etc.), launder, and replace with fresh linens. Bed linens should be washed, dried, folded and returned to the resident’s apartment. Resident’s towels and other bath linens should be washed, dried, folded and returned to resident’s apartment.
- Removes and disposes of all waste and trash according to proper sanitation requirements.
- Reports observations concerning structural and equipment wear, defects, and malfunctioning to the maintenance department by completing a work order.
- Assist in serving meals, drinks, setting up food for serving, maintaining a clean work area and washing dishes as needed.
- Sets and buses tables as needed to assist dining servers.
- Adherence to safety and sanitation standards.
- Use and store own equipment and supplies effectively, efficiently and safely.
- Refill all soap and towel dispensers.
- Practice daily universal precautions and other posted special precautions in resident environment.
- Assist with blood spill clean-up in conjunction with Licensed Nurse direction.
- Maintain confidentiality and ensure resident rights are maintained at all times, reporting suspected deviations to management immediately.
- Perform other tasks as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED preferred.
- Must know how to use cleaning devices, correct solutions and materials.
- Previous housekeeping experience in a resident care setting helpful.
- Must be able to stock housekeeping cart and moving and replace items while damp-dusting horizontal surfaces.
- Ability to clearly communicate with residents, employees, resident families and visitors.
- Must be able to read and interpret general directives.
- Must be able to effectively respond to questions from employees, managers, clients, customers and the general public.
- Ability to identify problems and use problem-solving and conflict resolution skills.
- Must be able to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Must possess a general appreciation of seniors and an understanding of the aging process, as well as be aware of its challenges.
- Must exhibit and promote a high level of customer service and hospitality towards and among all residents, employees, visitors and the community.
- Must be able to continuously stand and walk, reach, bend to the floor, twist and sit.
- Must be able to lift, move or reposition facility furniture and resident room furniture, including beds, chairs and housekeeping cart.
- Requires varying degrees of pushing, pulling and lifting depending on weight of solutions, containers, and supplies (often up to 40 pounds unassisted or furniture up to 250 pounds with assistance).
We offer a competitive salary and benefit package.