Job Title: Cook
Job Location: Hattiesburg, MS
Job Status: Part Time
Reports To: Dining Manager
Provision Living, LLC, is a growing premier regional operator in senior housing properties, specifically focusing on assisted living and assisted-living-based dementia services. The company is based in St. Louis MO with operations in ten states, representing more than 1,600 units and nearly 1,000 associates.
For us, it’s ALL ABOUT Living Your Passion! From our residents, to our associates, to the greater communities we serve, Provision Living’s aim is to maximize the potential of every life we touch and we do so by living into our vision of creating a radiant organization where our residents and our employees are loved, inspired and able to thrive. If you share this vision, and have a compassion for and a desire to work with seniors, we are seeking Part Time Cook(s) to support our licensed communities who provide health care services to residents of a 73 unit Assisted Living and 15 unit Memory Care Community in Hattiesburg, MS.
The shift available is Friday through Sunday from 11:00am - 7:00pm.
As the Cook, reporting directly to the Dining Manager, you will ensure the provision of quality food preparation in accordance with Federal, State and Local regulations while supporting the team in optimizing each resident’s well-being and overall experience.
- Support all catering, room service, special party needs, marketing functions, etc.
- Maintain and account for food inventories, while performing food cost control measures
- Possess a working knowledge of individual assignments and resident dining needs
- Help serve meals, drinks, setting up for food for serving, maintaining a clean work area, and washing dishes, pots & pans, as needed
- Practice sanitation regulations and safety rules with regards to preparing, handling, labeling and storing food, as well washing dishes
- Sanitize, set and bus tables
- Take drink and food orders, serve residents and guests in a professional and efficient manner
- Cook and bake necessary foods on the menu each within the time constraints allowed
- Assist in stocking food items, snacks and salad bar items (if applicable)
- Clean all kitchen equipment, work space and cooking utensils in compliance with safety and sanitation regulations
- Vacuum and clean floors in dining and kitchen areas
- Dispose of garbage and trash
- Complete daily checklist of duties for kitchen and dining room
- Follow all policies for Dining Service Department
- Perform other tasks as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED preferred, but will consider work/life experiences. In addition, this person must meet all state requirements for licensing and certification for running an Assisted Living community
- Need to continuously stand and walk, reach, bend to the floor, and carry serving trays, dishes and food service items. Will also life heavy pans, trash and various kitchen equipment.
- Collaborative team player able to establish effective working relationships with team members.
- Described as dependable with a strong work ethic.
- Proficient in reading recipe book and calculate proper food measuring amounts.
- Ability to work with basic mathematical concepts such as addition, subtraction, multiplication and division. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.