Job Title: Director of Nursing
Job Location: Lexington, KY
Job Status: Full Time
Reports To: Executive Director
Provision Living, LLC, is a growing premier regional operator in senior housing properties, specifically focusing on assisted living and assisted-living-based dementia services. The company is based in St. Louis MO with operations in seven (7) states, representing more than 1,000 units and nearly 1,000 care partners..
For us, It’s All About Living Your Passion! From our residents, to our associates, to the greater communities we serve, Provision Living’s aim is to maximize the potential of every life we touch and we do so by living into our vision of creating a radiant organization where our residents and our employees are loved, inspired and able to thrive. If you share this vision, and have a compassion for and a desire to work with seniors, we are seeking a self-motivated Director of Nursing to lead the licensed and non-licensed communities who provide health care services to residents of a BRAND NEW Assisted Living and Memory Care Community in Lexington, KY scheduled to open Summer 2017.
As the Director of Nursing
, reporting directly to the Executive Director, you will ensure the provision of quality nursing care in accordance with Federal, State and Local regulations while leading your care team in optimizing each resident’s well-being and overall experience.
Essential Duties include the following:
- Oversee the delivery of quality care and services to our residents in compliance with the regulations pertaining to care plans and resident assessments.
- Directly oversee the delivery of care to residents to ensure that emotional, physical, psychological and safety needs are met through all program services and activities.
- Oversee and implement infection control, pharmaceutical and physical/chemical restraining policies and procedures, and assures that committee recommendations are carried out.
- Staff, lead, develop, and retain a high performing resident care team.
- Function as a liaison between the residents, their families, staff and the general public - responding to inquiries and providing information on nursing care and services.
- Assess potential residents for assisted living level of care as well as those residents returning from a leave for appropriate placement and level of care.
- Develop nursing service objectives, policies and procedures and directs the implementation of these objectives.
Manage and coordinate the work of all nursing and caregiver staff, communicating pertinent resident health and safety information.
Strive to maintain a safe working environment through the prevention of accidents, the preservation of equipment, and the achievement of safe working practices.
Maintain a positive and professional demeanor toward residents, visitors, families, and co-workers.
Assist with the preparation of the departmental annual budget and maintains the operating budgets for personnel and medical equipment.
- In the absence of the Executive Director the Director of Nursing will be responsible for the overall operations of the facility
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience:
- Three (3) years of nursing experience in a senior care community with proven leadership and organizational skills, LPN or RN license required.
- Demonstrated compliance with State and Local regulations as well as professional standards and practices.
- Great communication and interpersonal skills are required along with the heart and passion to work with older adults while providing the best care possible.
- Proven experience in staffing, leading, developing and retaining a strong resident care team.
- Demonstrates excellent observation, assessment and nursing judgment.
- Must have the ability to remain calm in stressful situations, to be flexible, to work well with many interruptions and have skill in multi-tasking.
- Respect for the principles of resident rights and confidentiality.
- Bachelor’s Degree and 2-5 years of past experience OR 4-6 years of past experience
- Applicable State licensure, required
- Must possess a general knowledge of laws and restrictions regarding Assisted Living care, as well as a solid understanding of opportunities and limits of other levels of care within senior living.
- Must exhibit and promote a high level of customer service, hospitality, curiosity and friendliness towards all residents, visitors, employees and the overall community.
We offer a competitive salary and benefit package.