Job Title: Activities Assistant
Job Location: St. Louis, MO
Job Status: Part-Time
Reports To: Activities Manager
Provision Living, LLC, is a growing premier regional operator in senior housing properties, specifically focusing on assisted living and assisted-living-based dementia services. The company is based in St. Louis MO with operations in ten (10) states, representing more than 2,000 units and nearly 1,500 associates.
For us, it’s All About Living Your Passion! From our residents, to our associates, to the greater communities we serve, Provision Living’s aim is to maximize the potential of every life we touch and we do so by living into our vision of creating a Radiant organization where our residents and our employees are loved, inspired and able to thrive. If you share this vision, and have a compassion for and a desire to work with seniors, we are seeking an Part Time Activities Assistant to support the licensed and non-licensed communities who provide health care services to residents of a 90 unit Assisted Living and 15 unit Memory Care Community in St. Louis, MO.
This position is in our Memory Care with part time hours every weekend and Tuesday.
As the Activity Assistant, reporting directly to the Activities Manager, you will support the Activity team by planning, organizing and facilitating a program of activities, which include physical, emotional, educational, spiritual, and leisure stimulation for resident’s participation. Additionally, you will assist new residents with orientation and with support during the move-in process.
Essential Duties include the following:
- Assists and supports daily activity programs and involve residents in activities.
- Conducts 1:1 sessions with residents, complete necessary documentation related to the 1:1 session in a timely fashion as directed.
- Documents all unusual behaviors, incidents and accidents, ensures that the communication log policy is adhered to.
- Assists residents to ambulate or transfer during activities, as instructed; this may also include transporting residents.
- Completes the communication log as described in the communication log policy.
- Assists the Activity Manager with maintaining all resident activity records in compliance with facility policies and State regulations.
- Responsible for monitoring activity supply levels and assists Activity Manager in the ordering of supplies in a community.
- Performs all activity tasks as directed by Activity Manager.
- Ensures all Activity and Company procedures, protocol, and policies are adhered to.
- Participates in resident activity assessments and care plan development.
- Serves as a catalyst in developing friendships between residents and in promoting the social model.
- Assists with special events at the community as requested, including parties, support groups and outings.
- Answers the telephone in a prompt, respectful manner.
- Other duties as assigned.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
Education and/or Experience:
- One (1) year of experience in a senior care community with proven leadership and organizational skills, is preferred.
- Great communication and interpersonal skills are required along with the heart and passion to work with older adults while providing the best care possible.
- Must have the ability to remain calm in stressful situations, to be flexible, to work well with many interruptions and have skill in multi-tasking.
- Respect for the principles of resident rights and confidentiality.
- High School Diploma or equivalent and 1-3 years of past experience.
- Some CNA experience is a plus.
Must exhibit and promote a high level of customer service, hospitality, curiosity and friendliness towards all residents, visitors, associates and the overall community.
- Must possess a basic knowledge of laws and restrictions regarding Assisted Living, Memory Care and Independent Living (where applicable), as well as a solid understanding of opportunities and limits of other levels of care within senior living.
- Basic ability of using Internet Explorer, Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word applications.
- To perform this mission successfully, an individual should possess the physical ability to lift/move 50lbs, maintain a stationary position, move freely, operate equipment, ascend/descend freely, position self to reach equipment above or below normal standing height, and communicate with team members, residents, and residents’ family members.