Job Title: Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)
Job Location: Columbia, MO
Job Status: Full Time (11 p.m. - 7 a.m.)
Reports To: Director of Nursing
Provision Living, LLC, is a growing premier regional operator in senior housing properties, specifically focusing on assisted living and assisted-living-based dementia services. The company is based in St. Louis MO with operations in seven (7) states, representing more than 1,000 units and nearly 1,000 care partners.
For us, It’s All About Living Your Passion! From our residents, to our care partners, to the greater communities we serve, Provision Living’s aim is to maximize the potential of every life we touch and we do so by living into our vision of creating a radiant organization where our residents and our employees are loved, inspired and able to thrive. If you share this vision, and have a compassion for and a desire to work with seniors, we are seeking an Overnight Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN's) to provide health care services to residents of a 65 unit Assisted Living and 32 unit Memory Care Community in Columbia, MO.
Seeking availability every other weekend.
Essential Duties (include the following):
- Use, interpret, and convey information related to Provision Living policies and procedures.
- Keep unit and facility manuals in an accessible location for use.
- Administer medications and/or treatments for all or a selected group of residents, adhering to facility policies and procedures and skill level of personnel.
- Receive and process, and follow physician’s orders.
- Assist residents with ADL’s per Individualized Service Plan. Examples of this are, but not limited to transferring, ambulation, dressing, hygiene, toileting, etc.
- Assist in scheduled and unscheduled activities. One on one’s when appropriate and behavior redirection.
- Act as first responder to resident emergency response system.
- Initiate planned behavioral interventions when indicated.
- Monitor residents and environment frequently, noting resident’s condition and response to treatment.
- Supervise and assure completion of any required documentation in the resident’s medical record.
- Make physician appointments, therapy appointments and arrange for transportation to appointments as needed.
- Identify and seek referrals for residents in need of psychosocial or behavioral evaluations.
- Use good body mechanics and monitor environmental factors for potential safety hazards daily.
- Maintain clean, orderly and safe environment for residents and comply with and monitor adherence to infection control and medication policies and procedures.
- Complete accident and incident reports, and monthly infection control logs according to facility policy.
- Maintain current knowledge of scope of practice for self and others and recognize legal implications when making nursing judgments.
- Record information on changes in condition, new orders, incidents, etc. in the communication log.
- Inform the Resident Wellness Director, or other appropriate staff regarding changes in resident physical, emotional or behavioral status, orally and via the Stop and Watch tool.
- Initiate and contribute to the plan of care for residents, according to resident needs and policy, in order to promote continuity of care from admission through discharge or transfer.
- Communicate with therapist(s) to ensure follow through with evaluations or therapy.
- Consult with and inform culinary director regarding the resident’s special nutritional needs.
- Report defective equipment or potential hazards for repair or immediate remediation.
- Serve as role model in dealing with confused residents or those exhibiting disruptive behaviors.
- Practice effective health and hygiene habits.
- Present neat clean appearance in keeping with uniform policy.
- Conduct self so as to promote favorable public relations for Provision Living.
- Daily monitor and assisting with hygiene, leisure, exercise and other programming.
- Provide assistance when indicated with various programming, when resident behaviors are disruptive or as needed, according to policy.
Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience:
- Completion of an accredited nursing training program and passage of the NCLEX-PN exam.
- Must maintain an active State nursing license.
- Will be responsible for continuing education hours needed.
- Will complete required Relias and Alzheimer’s training. Training will be initial and ongoing.
We offer a competitive salary and benefit package.